Mechanical Engineer (Salt Lake City, UT)
Reporting to the Manager, Process and Design Engineering, the Mechanical Engineer will have a wide variety of responsibilities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities and essential job functions of the Mechanical Engineer include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing business with new and existing clients.
- Managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Providing consulting expertise to Norwest’s global client list which includes a variety of legal, financial, investor, and industry clients.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of five to ten years of post-university experience in the oil and gas, mining, process plant, or construction industry, with an emphasis on on-site and off-site processing plants, transportation systems, and the design of the system components.
- Candidates should possess or have applicable experience to apply for a Professional Engineer (PE or PEng) certification.
- Specific mining industry experience in technical and/or project management roles.
- Field application and working knowledge of pumping, conveyance, and materials handling systems will be given priority.
- Candidates with oil, gas, or industrial minerals industry experience and/or foreign language skills will be given priority consideration.
- Thorough working knowledge of common and mining-specific computer applications including AutoCad, Inventor, and simulation software.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Applicant should have cross-functional skills and the ability to work as a part of project delivery team.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical, electrical, or mechanical engineering or a related engineering degree.
Location of Employment:
This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT. Successful candidate must be willing to work in remote field locations (inside and outside of the United States) for extended periods of time.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please indicate the position title and office location that you are submitting your resume for.
Norwest would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Calls regarding this position will not be accepted, as all recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System. Only submittals sent via email will be considered for this opportunity. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Norwest Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).