Reporting to the Manager, Water Resources, the Senior Water Resources Engineer’s role will involve all aspects of water management planning and design including hydraulic analyses, hydraulic structures designs, short and long-term water management plans and construction oversight. The Sr. Water Resources Engineer will be working within a dynamic team on a variety of water management, environmental and mining-related projects.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Water resources engineering including the development of water management plans and design of stream diversions, sedimentation ponds, storage reservoirs, piping and pumping systems, construction dewatering, site drainage, erosion control, and environmental assessments.
- Field studies including sampling and field surveys, data management, and technical report preparation.
- Contribute to development activities, including proposals, pre-qualifications, and relationship building with clients and prospective clients.
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work.
- Provide supervision, training, technical direction, and mentoring to more junior staff.
- Interact and interface with clients and environmental regulators.
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment, requiring interaction with suppliers, sub-contractors, and multidisciplinary teams.
Required Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum seven years of industry and consulting experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration with APEGA as a P.Eng.
- Proficiency working with MS Office Suite, AutoCAD or AutoCAD Civil 3D, and surface water modeling software.
- Experience at a project management level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel to field locations.
- Previous experience in surface water and groundwater construction oversight of major earthworks or water control structures is an asset.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in in civil, environmental or water resources engineering, geology or hydrology, or related field.
Location of Employment:
This position is based out of Calgary, with travel to field based assignments to support field operations as required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please indicate the position title and office location you are submitting your resume for. The position is available immediately.
Norwest would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Calls regarding this position will not be accepted, as all recruiting activities are managed via our Recruitment Management System. Only submittals sent via email will be considered for this opportunity. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Norwest Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).