- Investigating, analyzing, and designing earthworks structures primarily mine pit slopes, waste disposal areas, and tailings dams.
- Planning and executing geotechnical instrumentation installation, monitoring, reporting, maintenance, and automation projects.
- Completing foundation design for buildings, bridge abutments, pipelines, roadways, plant sites, MSE walls, and other civil works.
- Contributing to dam safety review and reporting.
- Contributing to integrated tailings planning and management and reclamation and closure teams.
- Writing and/or reviewing technical design reports.
- Preparing proposals, cost estimates, and timelines for projects.
- Working with a team of engineering professionals.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant industry or consulting experience.
- Licensure as a professional engineer with APEGA or other Canadian provincial licensure and eligibility for APEGA.
- Working knowledge in the following areas: mining and/or civil geotechnical and construction; water and/or tailings containment design, planning, and management; earth/rock slope design; geotechnical investigations; instrumentation, monitoring, and automation; soil mechanics; foundation design and slope stability evaluations, mine closure and reclamation.
- Experience as a project manager.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs and geotechnical analysis software packages.
- Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
This position may have additional qualification requirements depending on work assignments. Additional qualifications will be defined in Project Specific Plans.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in geotechnical, geological, civil, or mining engineering.
This position has minimum physical requirements as outlined in the Norwest Office Physical Demands Assessment. A fit for duty assessment is required prior to deployment in the field and is a condition of employment.
Additional physical demands may be required and will be defined in the Project Specific HSE plans.
Location of Employment:
This position is based out of Calgary, with occasional travel to support field assignments required.
Please apply through Indeed.